An independent Damp, Timber and/or Mould Survey from Healthy Abode could save you thousands on unnecessary work. Call Today on 0203 371 9801.
Our Surveys will identify all Damp, Mould and Timber defects including:
Cause of Mould
What Our Clients Say
"Would definitely recommend and do again. The surveyor, Stuart is a very friendly individual, who has an in-depth knowledge of damping and remedial solutions. Stuart was always always very approachable throughout the whole process and produced a well written and detailed report which allowed for me to know the best course of action."
Rory, St Albans, Hertfordshire
"Great service a very quick response and the surveyor, Peter undertook a thorough damp survey carried out. The damp survey report was very detailed and listed all actions required as well as links to approved builders."
John Lynch, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex
Yes, please could you pop a hard copy into the post.
Stuart has done a superb job with this damp report …… worth every penny!"
Don, Kelvedon, Essex
“Thank you for your communication and the [damp and timber] survey. Stuarts given an expert explanation”
Su - North London
“That's perfect Many thanks for your prompt independent damp and timber survey”
Jon - East London
“Thank you very much for sending this [damp report] through! Many thanks,”
Annick, Walthamstow, London
“Healthy Abode produced a Damp and Timber report as requested by my lender. Their surveyor, Stuart, conducted a thorough inspection of the property inside and out, and identified the problem areas meticulously as well as the remedial actions required. Although the process was very technical and scientific, he explained his findings in a clear and accessible way. The resulting report more than met my expectations. It was very detailed and informative, and included a breakdown of repair costs. I was very impressed with Healthy Abode's professionalism throughout and would not hesitate to recommend them.”
Jon – Bushey, Hertfordshire
“Many thanks for your time today, undertaking the damp survey and for explaining your findings in such an understandable way.”
Marcus, Romford, Essex
“Thank you for being able to come today. You were much cheaper than the other quotes I’ve received for a HHSRS and independent damp survey.”
Raymond, Tottenham, London
I am sorry that it has taken me so long to send this e-mail.
I just wanted to say that the report that you sent me and e-mailed me is really excellent. We have put into place some of your recommendations and we intend to put the rest in place very soon.
Healthy Abode came to me as a recommendation and I in turn will recommend your services.
Thank you very much for your time and expertise.”
Jackie Shaves, North London.
"I just thought that I would let you know that your report proved to be just what we needed as the lender has now increased the valuation back up to the full loan amount and they are in the process of issuing the mortgage offer.
Thanks again for your help with this and very effecient service.
Christine Alderman, Witham, Essex
"Many thanks for emailing the damp and timber report. We are very happy with that, and found it very thorough and it has reassured us in our purchase.
We would would appreciate a hard copy in the post.
Many thanks, once again. I will definitely recommend you to anyone in a similar position to us."
Amanda, Springfield, Chelmsford, Essex
"Thank you Stuart for prompt service and report. We found your work detailed, easy to understand and extremely useful.
We will be putting your recommendations into action shortly.
Thank you again, we shall definitely recommend you to friends and relatives"
Janet Cole, Wickford, Essex
"Hello Stuart. I have been meaning to get back to you but always difficult to find the time. Anyway here is a little feedback. After I sent the e-mail with the picture to the contractor, they came back to fix the wall, no question asked. Also I stopped using the de-humidifier and bought a hydrometer reader like you advised. I kept and still keep monitoring the humidity but the reading in all rooms is below 53%, the only room with a high reading is the ground floor shower room with 65%. I think there never was a reading of 75% like the contractor claimed I had. It was all a scare tactic so that I would buy from him. There again I would have not got anywhere without your survey and pictures. Thanks very much. Hope you are keeping well and getting lots of work. Best regards."
"Thank you for the report; and thank you for sending it over so quickly. My Dad also mentioned how prompt and thorough your surveyor, Peter seemed to be. Many Thanks"
Gemma, Wickford, Essex
About Healthy Abode
- Healthy Abode is an independent surveying company, with absolutely no connections to any damp proofing company.
- We are not contractors.
- Therefore, we do not profit from any remedial works specified.
Our aim is to undertake a thorough (minimum 2 hours) survey, give you professional totally unbiased advice. So that have a true understanding of the defects affecting the property.
Some remedial treatment companies are good. However, unfortunately there are a number of unscrupulous remedial treatment companies undertaking surveys. They offer to provide a “Free Survey” or a "cheap" survey with the hope of getting a foot in the door to sell expensive remedial works. These remedial works can cost many thousands of pounds, often are not required, and on many occasions, we've seen them negatively impact on the property.
At Healthy Abode, our professional surveyors, identify the true cause of dampness, diagnose the problem, highlight the defects and detail the appropriate remedial treatments.
In many situations the rectification is not expensive, and requires general building maintenance. On the occassions, where specialised remedial works are required, such as in the form of chemical DPC's, fungal attack and/or wood-boring beetle treatment we outline the necessary remedial treatments, in line with a traditional building repair approach.
Telephone: Chelmsford - 01245 206 250
Telephone: London - 0203 371 9801
Address: Healthy Abode, Office T5, Allen House, The Maltings, Station Road, Sawbridgeworth CM21 9JX
Our Offices are open 7 days a week
- Our surveyors are professional surveyors, NOT contractors.
- Dependent on the surveyor, our qualifications include being: independent surveyor members of the Property Care Association (PCA) as required by mortgage lenders. Hold Certified Surveyor in Remedial Treatments and Certifed Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing certificates. Are registered with the Environmental Health Officer's Registration Board (EHORB), are former Environmental Health Officer's (EHO's/EHP's) and are registered with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
- We offer a thorough inspection by a qualified, professional, friendly, local Surveyor, with a minimum 10 years+ experience in damp diagnosis and specifying necessary remedial works.
- We provide comprehensive written report provides detailed findings, colour photographs and Schedule of Remedial Works necessary.
- As fully independent Certified Surveyor’s in Remedial Treatment (CSRT) we undertake comprehensive damp, timber and mould surveys and provide specialist property reports detailing exactly any damp, timber and mould defects found in the property, together with colour photographs, health impacts and the recommended remedial works required. We've carried out thousands of damp, timber and mould surveys in a vast array of properties for prospective purchasers, mortgage companies, housing associations, local authorities, universities, solicitors, landlords, tenants, agents, home-owners, architects and builders.
- Our surveying takes us throughout London, East Anglia and further afield. As such we're familiar with a huge variety and age of housing stock.
- Our independent status means that we have no affiliation with any contractors, manufacturers or suppliers; this means our inspections are truly independent (and unlike contractors, we have no vested interest in finding work!). As such, a property survey by us could save you money on unnecessary work.
- We are members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and approved by mortgage lenders to undertake pre-purchase surveys. Also as an Environmental Health Practitioner (EHP) with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), we can if necessary, risk score any hazards under the Housing Act 2004. This can help clarify whether the property is habitable and the severity of risk and likelihood of harm to the occupant’s health.
Request a Call back & Email Response